In addition to its work with campus career services offices, Texas Career Engagement (formerly TRIS) is eager to partner with other offices and programs working with cross-campus populations on initiatives including student success, the senior-to-alumni transition, and support for student-athletes. Texas Career Engagement can provide provide campus career connections, employer relations support, and recruitment information services and support for the professional development and research work in your programming portfolio, including sharing targeted job and internship opportunities, employer connections, HireUTexas data, industry research, and publicly available cross-campus recruiting data.
After reviewing the support services Texas Career Engagement offers, we encourage you to reach out to us to let us know how we can assist with your programmatic or resource needs on campus.
Location: SSB 4.102
Phone: (512) 471-2425
Students with an interest in scheduling an advising session to discuss career exploration, application materials, the job/internship search, networking, negotiation, and other career development topics should connect with their college’s career services office. To prepare for their meetings, students can view the Online Career Resources page on Texas Career Engagement for a compilation of online resources maintained by the individual career services offices. Most offices also maintain job boards with opportunities specific to the fields connected to the departments within their school.
As the Texas Career Engagement webmaster, Texas Career Engagement conducts inventories of publicly available career services and recruitment content and aggregates resources to promote resource access for employers, students, alumni, and campus partners as they navigate the University’s complex recruiting landscape.
- University Recruiting Policies
- Online Career Resources for Students/Alumni
- Graduate Student Career Resources
- Alumni Career Resources
- Career Resources for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
More than 10,000 job and internship opportunities are posted to HireUTexas each year, positioning it as an excellent resource for campus offices and programs seeking connections to opportunities across all of UT Austin’s schools. As the administrators of the system, Texas Career Engagement is able to create targeted job reports to deliver opportunities curated for your needs, including but not limited to any combination of:
- School (e.g. Business, Natural Sciences, Pharmacy)
- Job type (e.g. full-time, internship, part-time, contract/temporary)
- Location (e.g. Texas, New York, international)
- Company (e.g. active postings from Google)
- Degree (e.g. Bachelor’s, Masters, Doctorate)
- Experience level (e.g. none, entry-level, mid-career, executive)
In addition to providing campus connections and information services to employers, Texas Career Engagement provides research services to campus partners to support their advising and professional development programming for students. Topics include:
- Inventories of UT and external career resources
- Industry outlooks
- Demographic data by industry
- Data on the school-to-career pipeline
- Company-level organizational research
- Workplace developments (including workplace culture, flexible work options, and dress and etiquette)
- Diversity, inclusion, and equity efforts by industry/organization
- Industry influencers and thought leadership
An example of this type of research is found in the next section featuring programs supporting the recruitment of populations underrepresented in various industries. If you ever are in need of research to support your professional development advising and programming, we encourage you to e-mail us.
Know of additional career and recruiting resources you think would benefit the UT community and/or employers? Let us know via our suggest a resource form!