HireUTexas for Employers
HireUTexas powered by Handshake is the university-wide job board providing free, simple access to the 50,000+ students and alumni of The University of Texas at Austin seeking job and internship opportunities. HireUTexas is restricted to career-related and professionally-oriented jobs and internships. Postings are reviewed daily by career services staff during the business week. Please review our policies for posting positions here. For HireUTexas help, please review our Frequently Asked Questions below or contact HireUTexas at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-471-2425.
Frequently Asked HireUTexas Posting Questions
I am only interested in recruiting for a specific skill set. Is HireUTexas the appropriate place to post my opportunity?
- There are multiple career services office at UT Austin, most of which also conduct their own job boards. Please consult the Career Center Directory or call 512-471-2425 for a recruitment consultation. We are happy to discuss with you the many options you have for recruiting at UT Austin, and to provide guidance on where certain majors and specialities are found within the various colleges at UT Austin. In some cases, you may wish to post only on a college-specific job board, which is visible only to members of that college. In others, you may wish to post on HireUTexas, which is visible to all students and alumni. Please note that HireUTexas is often a good option when targeting alumni as opposed to current students because not all colleges allow alumni to access to their college-specific job boards.
How do I post my position on HireUTexas?
- To post a job, visit the HireUTexas website.
- Login with your email and password.
- If this is your first visit to HireUTexas, please sign up here.
I am having trouble logging into my account. Where can I go for technical assistance with my account?
- For technical assistance with HireUTexas powered by Handshake, please contact Handshake directly. You can find a wealth of help articles and can contact support in the Handshake Help Center.
How much does is cost to post on the HireUTexas job board?
- Posting on HireUTexas is free; all jobs must meet the HireUTexas job posting policies. Please review the HireUTexas posting policies here.
Once I post my position on HireUTexas, how long does it take before the status is changed to active and students can see the job posting?
- A member of the career center will review your job posting within 5 business days from the date of posting. You will be notified if your job is approved and activated, or if more information is needed from you.
I posted my position and it’s active. However, we are not receiving a large number of applications. What can we do to increase the number of applications we are receiving?
- Contact the career service office(s) in the college/school(s) you are targeting for help promoting your opportunities, connecting with students and posting your jobs in their college-specific recruiting systems.
Frequently Asked UT Austin Recruiting Questions
I’m interested in attending a UT Career Fair, where can I find that information?
- Most of the 17 colleges/schools within UT Austin host career fairs during the fall and/or spring semesters. Explore our campus-wide career fair schedule here.
Where can I find contact information for the career centers?
- You can find contact information for each college’s career center on our home page.
I am interested in marketing to students with flyers, handouts, and/or an email blast. Can I send that information to HireUTexas to send to the students?
- HireUTexas functions solely as a job board with no ability to market directly to students. If you are interested in promoting your job(s) to students, please contact your targeted career center(s) to discuss your options.