Texas Career Engagement offers UGS 107D: Exploring Careers and Majors to help students connect their personal interests and skills with academic programs at UT.
UGS 107D: Exploring Careers and Majors is taught in two sections each fall and spring semester.
Section 64320 | Wednesdays 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. | Syllabus (coming soon)
Section 64325 | Wednesdays 3:30-5:00 p.m. | Syllaubs (coming soon)
UGS 107D: Exploring Careers and Majors is open to first- and second-year students of all majors unsure of their major or career direction. This experiential course focuses on helping students learn more about themselves, their values, interests, and personalities, and explore majors across campus. Student will also identify potential career options.
- values, interest, personality, and skill identification,
- examining personal influences such as family, media and society
- discovering personal strengths
- decision making
- career resources on and off campus
- resume writing, internship planning and more
Degree-seeking UT Austin undergraduate first- and second-year students in any major are encouraged to enroll in the course.