Meet confidentially with a graduate-specific career advisor from Texas Career Engagement, the College of Natural Sciences, or the College of Liberal Arts. Advisors work individually with graduate students and postdoctoral scholars on a wide range of career-related topics to help them explore and prepare for careers in academia, nonprofit, government, and industry.
Topics you can discuss with your advisor include:
- Preparing application documents including CV, cover letter, and resume
- Professional communication skills such as interviewing, negotiation, and networking
- Managing your graduate program and working with your advisor
- Exploring career options in academia, government, nonprofit, industry, or business
- Utilizing strategies and resources for your job and internship search
- Understanding your skills, interests, and values through self-assessment
- Creating an individual development plan for degree completion, skill development, and employment
All currently enrolled graduate students and postdoctoral scholars and advanced degree alumni who completed within the last year can make an appointment with a graduate career advisor.
Drop-In Advising Hours
Resume & Cover Letter Drop-In Hours with TCE Graduate Career Consultants
Tuesdays, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. and Fridays, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m
Need a quick resume or cover letter review? Drop-in to talk with a trained Graduate Career Consultant who can review your application documents and answer questions. No appointment is necessary.