UT Coursera Certificate Programs
Learn and hone career-ready skills by earning company-designed and industry-leading certificates for high-demand career paths.
UT Austin undergraduate students can access free online learning for one or more of the Excel and Grow with Google Certificates.
Students who complete courses in the introduction and/or advanced programs will receive a branded certificate from Microsoft/Coursera to put on your LinkedIn profile indicating that you have completed a course.
Students have one month to complete this program. There is no cost to students.
Excel - Introduction
This program provides an introduction to the tool to help users become familiar with many of the principal functions. It includes the following courses:
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel
- Work Smarter with Microsoft Excel
- Excel Basics for Data Analysis
- IBM Skills Network
- Using Basic Formulas and Functions in Microsoft Excel
Excel - Advanced
This program provides an advanced introduction to the tool and training on advanced-level functionality. It includes the following courses:
- Finding, Sorting, & Filtering Data in Microsoft Excel
- Using Basic Formulas and Functions in Microsoft Excel
- Create a Simple Gantt Chart using Microsoft Excel
- Create Charts and Dashboards Using Microsoft Excel
- Create PDF Balance Report using HTML, Excel & Power Automate
- Creating a Budget with Microsoft Excel
- Data calculations in Microsoft Excel
- Introduction to Data Analysis using Microsoft Excel
- Conditional Formatting, Tables and Charts in Microsoft Excel
- Create a Financial Statement using Microsoft Excel
Grow with Google
Prepare for a new career in a high-growth field, no experience required. Through Grow with Google certificates, you’ll get professional training designed by Google, along with the opportunity to connect with top employers that are currently hiring. Google offers certificates in Data Analytics, Digital Marketing & E-commerce, Project Management, IT Support and User Experience Design.
Students have six months to complete one of the five professional certificate programs. After completing all courses required for each particular program you will receive a Google branded certificate to put on your LinkedIn profile. There is no cost to students.
Why earn a Google Career Certificate?
- A path to in-demand jobs: Connect directly with top employers, like Deloitte, Infosys, Walmart, Shopify, and Verizon that are currently hiring.
- 150+ employers in the Google Career Certificates Employer Consortium.
- No experience necessary: Learn job-ready skills, even with no relevant experience.
- 1,500,000+ in-demand job openings across certificate fields.
- Learn at your own pace: Complete the online program on your own terms.
- Under 10 hours of flexible study per week.
- Stand out to employers: Make your resume competitive with a credential from Google.
Access to Employers
Students who complete certificates have access to the Career Certificate Employer Consortium, comprised of 150+ employers across the United States that are looking to hire qualified talent and have committed to consider hiring graduates of the Google Career Certificates.
Participating employers engage with students through interview days and an interactive job board, exclusive to certificate graduates.
Companies that have hired Career Certificate graduates include Cognizant, Kforce, Ricoh USA, TEKsystems, and of course Google. Employer consortium members like Molecula and Infosys have also made commitments to hire Google Career Certificate graduates in the hundreds and in some cases the thousands.
Data Analytics Certificate
Data analysts make use of data to help inform important business decisions. Develop confidence navigating the data life cycle using tools and platforms to process, analyze, visualize and gain insights from data. Upon completion of the Data Analytics Certificate you will:
- Have working knowledge of essential data analysis platforms (Excel, SQL, Tableau, R) and when to use them in the data lifecycle.
- Understand how to translate a business question into a data analysis exercise, including transforming, visualizing, and modeling data.
- Know how to distill findings into actionable takeaways.
- Have a capstone project completed, to be shared on your resume.
Digital Marketing & E-commerce Certificate
Google Digital Marketing & E-commerce Certificate graduates learn the fundamentals to help businesses grow their online presence and sales with hands-on practice using popular digital marketing and e-commerce tools. Upon completion of the Google Digital Marketing & E-commerce Certificate you will:
- Be able to apply their digital marketing and e-commerce skills to help businesses grow their online presence and sales.
- Get hands-on practice using popular digital marketing and e-commerce tools, such as Canva, Constant Contact, Hootsuite, HubSpot, MailChimp, Shopify, Twitter, Google Ads, and Google Analytics.
- Construct artifacts that can be gathered into a portfolio to show to potential employers.
Project Management Certificate
Project managers are responsible for planning and overseeing projects to ensure they are completed efficiently. Learn the foundations of traditional project management and agile principles while applying these methodologies to real-world scenarios. Upon completion of the Project Management Certificate, you will:
- Know how to manage and run Agile and traditional projects from initiation to completion.
- Possess a toolbox of templates and artifacts to manage an array of scenarios and essential elements (e.g., schedules, budgets, product requirements).
- Understand organizational structure, business process and acumen and communication and leadership styles.
IT Support Certificate
IT support involves troubleshooting and problem-solving to help computers and networks run smoothly, while providing great customer service along the way. Learn the foundations of networking and operating systems and how to solve problems using code. Upon completion of the IT Support Certificate, you will:
- Understand the core concepts to all IT Support jobs, including troubleshooting, customer service, networking, system administration, operating systems and security.
- Know how to assemble a computer, write effective support documentation, route paths and subnets, manage device software and more.
- Dive into working with Linux, Cloud Computing and Command-Line Interfaces.
User Experience Design Certificate
User experience (UX) designers make technology easier and more enjoyable to use. Grasp the foundations of UX design and research while building low-fidelity designs and wireframes, creating high-fidelity prototypes, and testing. Upon completion of the User Experience Design Certificate you will:
- Have a portfolio including 3+ projects.
- Dive into working in Figma and Adobe XD – two of the most in-demand tools by employers.
- Know core concepts key to all UX design jobs (e.g., usability studies, design sprints, accessibility).
- Grasp the basics of UX research and how it informs design.