Learn and hone career-ready skills by earning industry-leading certificates for high-demand career paths.
UT Austin undergraduate, graduate students and postdoctoral scholars have FREE access to online learning for one or more of the following course and professional certificate programs.
Student Certificate Program Registration
UT Austin Faculty and Staff have access to Career Academy. Click the button below to get started.
Faculty/Staff Career Academy Registration
The Career Academy ranges across four areas—Software Engineering & IT, Data Science & Analytics, Sales & Marketing, Business Operations & Support—and features certificate-based courses designed by leading companies such as Google, IBM, Intuit, Meta, PwC and Salesforce.
The Career Academy is organized into 29 job categories, each of which offers a number of certificate-based courses and guided projects. Categories include:
- Marketing Analyst
- Social Media Marketer
- Sales Development
- iOS Developer
- Technology Consultant
- Human Resources Specialist
- Data Analyst
- Project Manager
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Data Scientist
This program of courses and guided projects offers a curation of top technology tools used in the current job market as well as topics related to technology fields. Students can learn and practice:
- Intro to AI
- Smart Device & Mobile Emerging Technologies
- Google – Docs, Gmail, Drive
- Microsoft – Word, Excel, Power Point
- Big Data Emerging Technologies
- Data Visualization
Grow with Google
Prepare for a new career in a high-growth field, no experience required. Through Grow with Google certificates, you’ll get professional training designed by Google, along with the opportunity to connect with top employers that are currently hiring. Google offers certificates in Cybersecurity, Data Analytics, Digital Marketing & E-commerce, Project Management, IT Support and User Experience Design.
Students have six months to complete one of the six professional certificate programs. After completing all courses required for each particular program you will receive a Google branded certificate to put on your LinkedIn profile. There is no cost to students.
Why earn a Google Career Certificate?
- A path to in-demand jobs: Connect directly with top employers, like Deloitte, Infosys, Walmart, Shopify, and Verizon that are currently hiring.
- 150+ employers in the Google Career Certificates Employer Consortium.
- No experience necessary: Learn job-ready skills, even with no relevant experience.
- 1,500,000+ in-demand job openings across certificate fields.
- Learn at your own pace: Complete the online program on your own terms.
- Under 10 hours of flexible study per week.
- Stand out to employers: Make your resume competitive with a credential from Google.
Access to Employers
Students who complete certificates have access to the Career Certificate Employer Consortium, comprised of 150+ employers across the United States that are looking to hire qualified talent and have committed to consider hiring graduates of the Google Career Certificates. Participating employers engage with students through interview days and an interactive job board, exclusive to certificate graduates.Companies that have hired Career Certificate graduates include Cognizant, Kforce, Ricoh USA, TEKsystems, and of course Google. Employer consortium members like Molecula and Infosys have also made commitments to hire Google Career Certificate graduates in the hundreds and in some cases the thousands.
Chiho Sawada, PhD, Assistant Director of Internships & Career Experiences and Coursera Project Lead, Texas Career Engagement