An innovative way to gain valuable experience and build your resume!
Forage is an online resource that offers virtual (simulated) experience programs designed by leading companies such as Accenture, BCG, Deloitte, JPMorgan Chase, and more. Develop your skills and gain a real understanding of various industries and jobs by working through self-paced modules, with tasks similar to those you would undertake if working at one of these companies.
What does it involve?
- You will work through a series of resources and hypothetical tasks that are designed by industry-leading organizations to simulate the work you would undertake as an intern or full-time employee and to compare your work with that of current employees.
- Try out a career at your own pace and in your own time, from the comfort of your home.
- It takes five to six hours to complete one program and you can complete as many programs as you like. All experiences are completely free of charge for UT students and alumni.
What are the benefits?
- Increase your chances of getting an interview and landing your dream job. Companies on the Forage platform say that students who complete a job simulation are 2x more likely to get hired!
- Learn what work is like at leading companies and share job simulation outcomes in your next interview.
- Try out different types of work and discover the career path that is right for you.
- Build confidence and gain skills to get you “work-ready.”
- Boost your resume with a company-branded virtual experience program and get a personalized certificate for your LinkedIn profile.
How can I take part?
- Simply create an account on Forage, pick a company, and get started right away.