Career Transition Guides
The University of Texas at Austin prepares advanced degree students and scholars for a wide range of careers in industry, nonprofit, government and academia. These career transition guides, researched and written by UT-Austin PhD students are designed to help graduate students and postdocs learn more about a wider range of careers and how skills developed through advanced degree training translate into different opportunities.
Each career transition guide includes:
- an overview of the career
- example job titles and employers
- information on compensation and industry-specific locations
- advice for getting started in the career and applying to jobs
- a review of required skills as they relate to common job responsibilities