Texas Career Engagement supports partners across campus through career and professional programs, services, and resources designed to give students and alumni the resources they need to be successful in meeting their career development goals.
Technology Tools & Virtual Career Resources
Texas Career Engagement has compiled a variety of virtual career development information and resources that can supplement curricular and co-curricular experiential learning, career discovery, and professional development.
All UT Austin staff, faculty, students, and alumni have full access to the self-guided online tools for career exploration and preparation. For technology tool-related questions, staff training support, student virtual engagement, and general assistance, please contact our Tech Team.
- Undergraduate/Alumni Online Career Resources
- Graduate/Alumni Resources
- Faculty/Staff Resources
- Employer Resources
Undergraduate Career Coaching, Counseling, and Programming
Texas Career Engagement works closely with campus partners to support their students and the career work currently offered through their programming and offices/departments. This engagement includes:
- Presentations — Career education staff provide onsite and virtual presentations by request for classes, student organizations, programs, and departments across campus. Submit a presentation request throughout the academic year from a range of different topics.
- Appointments — Career counseling (including exploration, and assessment) and career coaching is available to students by appointment. Staff and faculty can direct students to our appointments page for all support options or refer a student by completing the form below.
- Career Programming — Tailored virtual and in-person programming available throughout the year by request. Partners are welcome to explore our programming calendars and share relevant events with their students.
- Career Competencies —Find career competency-related information and documents, designed to help your students articulate their strengths and employment marketability.
- Technology Tools — Use online career tools such as Interstride for international students and Big Interview for interview prep, available for individual use or for implementation in co-curricular and curricular activities.
- Longhorn Career Champions — Join a community of Longhorn Faculty & Staff navigators. Participate in trainings on UT Austin’s career resources and career development topics such as transferrable skills, career exploration, and successful career conversations.
For career education-related questions and assistance, contact Nathan Langfitt, Director of Career Education.
Internships & Other Experiential Learning
The Internships and Career Experiences team partners with faculty and departments across campus to enhance curricula with high-impact practices that can help bridge the gap between the classroom and industry for students. From instructional support and design that can augment courses, to employer site visits, guest speakers on discipline-specific topics, and project-based learning opportunities, we seek collaboration to help our students become career ready.
To learn more about opportunities available for your course, contact our Internships & Career Experiences team.
Graduate Student Career & Professional Development
The graduate career and professional development team collaborates closely with faculty, departments, and administrators across campus to develop specialized programming and resources specifically for master’s and doctoral students and postdoctoral scholars. We partner to conduct needs assessments, co-develop discipline specific career education, and share best practices and innovative research related to the future of advanced degree skill acquisition and employment. We also collaborate closely on employer engagement efforts, identifying shared target employers and effectively connecting employers across campus.
For questions about collaboration, training, and resource opportunities, contact Annie Maxfield, Director of Graduate Career & Professional Development.
Texas Career Engagement seeks to meet students where they are and to support campus partners who provide student services. Is your student network interested in partnering with employers for an event, or do you receive employer inquiries for recruiting or engaging with your group? Connect with us to collaborate.
For questions about collaboration, training, and resource opportunities, contact Summer Salazar, Director of Employer Engagement.
Texas Career Engagement helps campus partners effectively use data to share success stories of UT Austin students and graduates. Utilizing a variety of data collection methods and platforms, TCE provides assistance with assessments, research, analysis, and data visualization. We also provide analysis and insights into local, state, and national job markets to inform on current workforce trends. For career data, assessment and analysis questions, please contact Troy Autin, Director of Strategic Outcomes.
Staff HireUTexas Accounts
UT Austin staff members are eligible for a HireUTexas student demo account to explore the job board, events, resources and services available in the system for UT Austin students. Request your account using the form linked below.