Protect Texas. Stay Informed.Covid-19 Updates
Texas Career Engagement works closely with UT Austin’s multiple career centers to complement the programs, services, and resources they provide.
Career Center Directory
Explore the directory to connect with your UT career center colleagues.
Staff HireUTexas Accounts
UT Austin staff members are eligible for a HireUTexas staff and/or student demo account to explore the job board, events, resources and services available in the system for UT Austin students. Request your account using the form linked below. This form can also be used to request the archiving of a staff account for offboarding.
Technology Tools & Virtual Career Resources
Texas Career Engagement has compiled a variety of virtual career development information and resources to support career centers and campus partners in their work with students.
All UT Austin staff, faculty, students, and alumni have full access to the self-guided online tools for career exploration and preparation. For technology tool-related questions, staff training support, student virtual engagement, and general assistance, please contact our Tech Team.
- Undergraduate/Alumni Online Career Resources
- Graduate/Alumni Resources
- Faculty/Staff Resources
- Employer Resources
Undergraduate Career Coaching, Counseling, and Programming
Texas Career Engagement offers career education that complements the work currently offered in the college/school career centers. Our engagement includes:
- Appointments — Career counseling, exploration, and assessment is available to students by appointment. Staff and faculty can direct students to our appointments page for all support options or refer a student for career counseling by completing the form below.
- Career Programming — Tailored virtual and in-person programming available throughout the year. Please contact our office to discuss programming options. We invite career centers to explore our programming calendars and share relevant events with their students.
- Career Competencies — Find core competency-related information and documents, designed to help your students articulate their strengths and employment marketability.
- Technology Tools — Use online career tools such as Interstride for international students and Big Interview for interview prep, available for individual use or for implementation in co-curricular and curricular activities.
For career education-related questions and assistance, please contact Brittany Leland, Director of Career Education.
Internships & Other Experiential Learning
The Internships and Career Experiences team provides resources, programs, and consultations focused on enhancing and increasing experiential learning outcomes for all UT Austin students. Examples of collaboration and support that we welcome from individual career centers include:
- Internship Programs and Courses – TCE’s Zero-Credit Course is open to all students to take in conjunction with an internship or other career experience. Consult with TCE to discover best practices for internship course curriculum, facilitation, and learning outcomes.
- Student Resources and Events – Find resources to share information with students on various methods to gain in-person and virtual career experiences. See the events calendar in HireUTexas to promote TCE and employer internship information sessions and workshops.
- Faculty and Campus Partner Integration – Contact us to request access to our faculty Canvas site that features an array of tools, assignments, and templates for internship courses. These resources can also work to enhance career readiness in experiential courses.
- Employer Engagement – Collaborate with us to provide employer partners with best practices for internship program facilitation and creation, and work with us to develop new methods and experiences that provide students with opportunities for career exploration, skill development, and networking.
For consultation or collaboration opportunities pertaining to internships and experiential learning, please contact our Internships and Career Experiences team.
Graduate Student Career & Professional Development
The graduate career and professional development team collaborates closely with the graduate school and college career centers to offer targeted programming, advising, and resources specifically for master’s and doctoral students and postdoctoral scholars. We partner with faculty, department staff, and career centers to conduct needs assessments, co-develop department specific career education, and share best practices and innovative research related to the future of graduate skill acquisition and employment. We also collaborate closely on employer engagement efforts, identifying shared target employers and effectively connecting employers across campus.
Contact Annie Maxfield, Director of Graduate Career & Professional Development, for questions about collaboration, training, and resource opportunities.
Texas Career Engagement complements the employer engagement efforts across campus by collaborating with career centers and partners to maximize the employer recruiting experience at UT Austin. Through employer education and targeted programming, we provide equitable access for employers to extend their reach to diverse campus-wide talent. We also lead discussions on best practices, the job market, employment trends, and advances in recruiting technologies.
Contact Summer Salazar, Director of Employer Engagement, for questions about collaboration, training, and resource opportunities.
Texas Career Engagement helps campus career centers effectively use data to share success stories of UT Austin students and graduates. Utilizing a variety of data collection methods and platforms, TCE provides assistance with assessments, research, analysis, and data visualization. We also provide analysis and insights into local, state, and national job markets to inform on current workforce trends. For career data, assessment and analysis questions, please contact Troy Autin, Director of Strategic Outcomes.